We are Jon, Stephanie, Samuel, Benjamin, Connor and Arya Peck. We love to live life to the fullest and just have fun.
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
On Sat the 28th of April I started to have contraction that where 5min apart. We decided to go for a walk down to Safeway to get milk and see if we could get my labor really going. While on the walk (that took a very long time, hehe) I had lots of contractions and they got closer and closer together. I didn't tell Jon how far apart they were I was just forcing myself to walk though them to get home, even though they hurt very bad. When we got home around 8pm the family sat down to watch a movie "The Tooth Fairy 2". I was keeping track of my contraction but still didn't tell Jon how far apart they were. He noticed me writing times down and asked me how far apart they are, so I told him they were 2 min apart. So we waited a while because we new that when we got to the hospital that there was a chance I was not dilating and they might send me home, that was not going to happen. We wanted to make sure there was no chance of that. Well at about 9:30 pm we called my brother to have him come stay with the boys while we went to the hospital. We left at 10 and got to the hospital at 10:30 pm. When checking in at the ER we saw my DR.'s nurse and she was all excited and called my Dr to tell her I was in labor. They put me in a L&D room and I was not any different then the check at my Dr's office (Thur), so my nurse said to walk. I walked for 1 hour no change, I bounced on the ball for 12 hour no change. They would not call my Dr even though I told them that her and I had a plan and I needed my water to be broken and then labor would be over in 1 hour and I would have my baby. Its now the 29th of April. The nurses just didn't believe me. Well the house ob came in and she told me they were going to send me home even though I was in active labor and my contractions were one right on top of each other. She would not treat me is what she said. I demanded her to call my Dr and told her she could not send me home and refuse me treatment or there would be a law suit, she walked out of the room and never came back. My nurse and the charge nurse decided to give me some pain meds to see if that would help me dilate, it did so I got admitted finally. My nurse put in my iv and I was getting ready to get into the jetted tub when the on-call Dr walked in, and said he was just going to break my water. (I found out later that my Dr had called him and told him our plan and what I needed to get the baby delivered, so he came in to take care of it). So he broke my water and I went from a 3 to a 5. I got the epidural and by the time that was in I was at a 9. I told them so, my nurse even commented on that I really did go fast as I had said. Well I had labored for longer then I needed to but they know best! Well on April 29, 2012 at 5:37am my baby girl Arya Nicole came into this world. She was 7lb 3.5oz (the nurse rounded up to 4oz) 20 1/4inches long. I love her so much. I was so tired that I fell asleep while Jon was giving her her 1st bath. We were moved to the mother baby unit and got to rest and get to know each other.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment