Monday, February 01, 2010

Teacher who shouldn't teach!

So I have been dealing with Ben's 1st grade teacher on a few issues and now I have had it and want him gone. At our 1st parent/teacher conference he praised Ben. Then a week later started to put him down and telling me he struggling and not getting his work done. So I try to ask him how can we fix this he gave me ideas to work on at home with Ben, he did fine, so were is the struggle? I usually have to fight Ben to do his homework but not this time. Then there is the time Mr.Arrisi says Ben fidgets and plays with stuff in his desk. I said turn his desk around so he can't play with things. Mr. Arrisi's says he doesn't like to do this because it singales them out and makes them feel different. He won't let me help in the class room at all, he makes me feel very unwelcome. I have only help 2 times. The next week I'm at the school for PTA stuff(I'm the PAT Sec)and go down to the room the PTA was in (down the hall from Ben's room) and there is Ben in the hall in time out crying. I go down to find out wants going on, Ben says Mommy my tummy hurts I want to throw up. I tell him I will be back to tell Mr. Arrisi you want to go to the nurse. He said "I already did and he sent my out here in time out with my nose to the wall." I went to tell the ladies that I was going to be leaving. I got to the office to have the nurse call Ben down and he was there (I think The teacher saw me and new I was mad). I got mad and told the Principal that this was never going to happen again and It wanted Ben moved to a different class. I had requested a different teacher before the end of last year and they put him in this guys class, and when I asked to move him they wouldn't. So now we are here on the Fri. 15Th of Jan Ben brought home a field trip from I filled it out and put the money in an envelope.Ben took it to school on Tue (no school Mom), I told Mr. Arrisi I wanted to be a parent volunteer. He look at me while Ben is standing there and Said "You can't go." I went to the Principal told her she said that she would look into it. My neighbor went in on Wed and told him she wanted to volunteer and she is going with the class. So I talked to the Principal again. She said she would talk to the teacher and let me know. She never got back to me. Well the field trip is this Wed the 3rd so I went in and asked her what she found out and this is what she told me "the other parent is going because she is in the classroom and Mr. Arrisi thinks you baby Ben, because there was 1 time you were in the classroom and Ben sat on your lap." I can't help the teacher won't let me and as for the sitting on my lap it was the 1st week of school and Ben went from half day to full day and it was hard for him but he got through it and I made him go back to his seat. That was the last time I was in the class helping. So now I put my foot down flat out told her Ben will be change to a different class and I called the school board. If I have to I will be in that classroom everyday just o show that arrogant teacher he has no right to discriminant because of his personal feelings. especially when there are 2 girls every morning that cry till they trow up because they don't want mommy to leave or mommy didn't give them enough hugs (oh yes ever day I see it). If Mr. Arrisi didn't like me before he definitely won't like me now.....

No comments: