Friday, January 06, 2012

Naming our little Girl!!!!!!

So here it is the name fight we have going on. When we found out we were having Sam Jon said if its a boy we have to name him Samuel after my Grandfather. I liked the name and it went well with naming after both side of the family because I have a great Grandfather named Samuel. When we found out that Benjamin would be joining our family I liked the name Hunter Riley and Jon of course said no he didn't like that name. So he picked Benjamin Riley. Well he was right Ben is deffinently a Benjamin! So then We had our big superise here comes Connor, Oh was he a superise. We have decieded that Heavenly Father new that we said if and when we had our nexted baby and if it was a girl we were done. well The man upstairs said wait you can't have your little girl just yet if you do get her and then stop Connor will not join you. So he sent Connor to us. Well I just could not find a name for this sweet little boy and then I we were driving in the car one day talking about baby names and Connor was one that I threw out there. Jon added James and the name Connor James was the name we were thinking about. Well I just wasn't sure that name was right. Even after Connor was born and we had named him Connor James I still jst didn't care for the name. Well it stuck and he is Connor. When we were trying to find a name for baby #2 before we knew Ben was a boy we had chosen the name Alison Cloe for if it was a girl. We both agreed that would be the name we would name our duaghter and then we would call her Alie for short. Well I made the mistake of telling my sister in law that so then when she had her first kid and it was a girl she named her Alie of course. So now I need to find a different name for my little girl. Then it happened Jon whatch this movie call "Torqure" and loved the name of the main character woman "Shane". I was like really, but never said yes or no to it since the little girl dream may never happen. Well Now she is on her way and I am without a name for her. I still like Allison but Jon keeps saying Shane only spelled Shayne. I have thrown out all kinds of names and he won't even talk about them. I am so frustrated with him about this. I want my daughter to have a girly name becausse I know she will end up a tom boy and I at least want to have some part of her be girly. I don't want her to have to fight to be a girl at all even if she is a tom boy!! I want to be able to say this is my daught without saying it. Is that to much to ask? I tell you guys just have no clue when it comes to girls!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Katelyn, Mckenna, Amber(then she has your middle name) Hannah, Caelan, Jenna, Jane, Olivia, Amelia, Ella, Lilly I could go on. Oh and Alexis said Krista the other day. I agree she needs a girlie name. Also she may not be a tomboy. She might just be the girly, dresses, necklaces, baby dolls and hair pretties that you want in your princess! Tell Jon it is your turn. That Shane, shayne or any other boy name is 100% out. That is name should be decided by the one who wears the skirt in the family! lol but seriously it should be obvious that you have 3 boys and a girl to anyone you meet and especially to her later on. She will want that distinction.

The Peck's said...

I completely agree about the one who wears the skirt should name the other one to wear skirts and that he will be wrong about her being a tomboy.. LOL I have said Amber and add Lynn or lee to it to make it Amberlee or Amberlynn.. But he still say I don't know, he thinks if he hold out I will just give in.. Nope not going to happen!!! I even said Halley or Hillary. I will win in the end!!